CAREERS at Brooklyn SolarWorks
At Brooklyn SolarWorks, we’re always looking for new faces to join our team. We’re a group of solar warriors and environmental advocates that are committed to diversity and inclusion. We often recruit from outside the conventional boundaries of our industry to achieve a balance that is fundamental to our success and evolution as a company.
Browse our openings to learn more about current job opportunities.
Brooklyn SolarWorks is dedicated to moving the world forward by enabling zero carbon electrification of buildings in New York City. Our purpose is supported by a team of individuals committed to these values:
- Inquisitive: We’re curious about what’s possible and actively work together to solve problems. We’re consistently learning and are self-motivated to grow in our roles.
- Committed: We’re reliable — we show up and get the job done. We show ownership — our people own their roles. We show our commitment to our customers, to our vision, our goals and to each other.
- Adaptable: We’re adaptable as individuals, as a company, and as our profession evolves. We embrace change as a given in our work to fight climate change.
- Passionate: We’re positive about the future and what we can accomplish. We care — we’re intentional about taking care of our team, our company, community and the planet.
Why Join the Team?
We Love NYC
Our company was founded in New York City, for New York City. Whereas other solar companies grow by expanding into other territories, our mission from the very beginning was to provide solar to our fellow New Yorkers.
Our growing team is based entirely out of our headquarters in Gowanus, Brooklyn. Most of our staff resides in just 22 NYC zip codes. We believe that sourcing local talent and operating out of the city we serve is crucial to supporting our hyperlocal mission.
Dedicated to Doing Our Part
Sustainability is more than a job for us. Our team is made up of environmental advocates that care deeply about fighting climate change and helping electrify buildings in our city.
Here’s a quick look at ways our team supports sustainability inside and outside of the workplace:
- Our office, warehouse and electric vehicles are powered by solar
- We’ve organized street clean ups of our block in Gowanus
- We host composting bins and garden beds on our roof deck
- 75% of our team takes public transit, bikes, or walks to work, and 64% of those that drive use EVs
- At home, 90% of staff recycle and 74% use Energy Star rated appliances
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to fostering and preserving a culture of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe that our company is at its strongest when we respect and celebrate the full spectrum of humanity.
In 2020, staff members came together to form our JEDI Committee with the goal of advocating for these values not only within the company, but within the communities we serve. Since early 2022, the JEDI committee has organized a quarterly donation of a solar panel and battery to a local non-profit organization in need.
Making Sun Fun
The camaraderie we share is key to our success. We enjoy spending time with one another and building relationships outside of our day-to-day. In addition to impromptu happy hours, our staff has also formed kickball, shuffleboard, and trivia teams.
Staff and leadership gather on a monthly basis to discuss company updates and on a quarterly basis to celebrate holidays and achievements. As an employee, you’ll also be treated to occasional lunches and team outings, rooftop hangouts, free snacks, and plenty of love from our office dogs.
of staff reported that their supervisor treats everyone respectfully and fairly.
of staff reported being able to exercise autonomy and independence in their duties.
of staff believe the company considers their concerns, thoughts and beliefs when decision making.
of staff believe the company is committed to improving the diversity of employees.
of staff are satisfied with the benefits and perks provided to them.
We’re proud to provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
401k + 4% Tiered Company Match
(HSA/FSA, Pet Insurance & more)
PTO Accrued Annually + 12 Holidays
Quarterly Profit Share Bonus
Holiday Parties & Monthly Happy Hours
Employee Assistance Program
Community Solar Credits
Current Staff Members: If you know someone who may be a good fit for Brooklyn SolarWorks, refer them to the team!
If your referral is hired and remains employed for at least 6 months, you’ll receive a reward of $500.
Learn more and apply to our current opportunities below.
Brooklyn SolarWorks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us to stay up-to-date on our latest openings!